Whether you just want somewhere to host a 2-page static web site or a complete, on-line business management system with secure e-mail, you'll find what you need here. I hold a range of popular content management systems, including Joomla! and WordPress. I can also create a customised web application for you, to help you do your work more efficiently from anywhere.
I have built a secure e-mail system to give you peace-of-mind when communicating with friends and clients. Encrypted data connections, anti-virus software and anti-spam measures mean you have less unwanted mail, potential phishing scams and viruses cluttering up your inbox. There is also a web-based interface where you can use any web browser to log-on and view your e-mails securely, from anywhere.
Consultation and Design
The first things we will need to know are (a) what you want your site to accomplish and (b) what style and themes you want for the site.
The initial meeting will give me a good understanding of what you have in mind for your site - there may be something similar out there, or you may wish to create something new from scratch. I take notes and make quick hand sketches of page layouts, colour schemes, site structure, typefaces, images, etc.
I then use these notes to create a mock-up, with a few variations on the established themes to ensure the right flavour of design. These designs can be refined until the perfect look is decided upon. Further refinements can be made later if required.
I also check suitable domain names to ensure they are available, suggesting alternatives if they're taken, to ensure a search-engine and people -friendly web address.
Build and Configuration
Once a final design and structure has been decided upon, I will build the site proper, in either static HTML 5, dynamic PHP 5 or install and set-up a Content Management System (or CMS.)
I will also set-up hosting and provide you with a temporary development web address so you can view updates as they're made.
Photographs can be taken and content written, if required (at extra cost.)
Site design starts at £200 for a static HTML site, up to £5 000 for large, bespoke web-based applications.
The site cost includes 4 free updates per year, otherwise updates cost £15-50 per update dependant on time.
Hosting and Site Updates
Once we have agreed that the build is a success and ready to go live, I will set-up my web server for hosting and DNS to direct web browsers to your site;
Unless you have requested a managed web site, you will have full control to edit your site, upload and download any files you wish.
Hosting for standard web sites costs £50 per year. Advanced hosting is available starting at £75 per year.
Hosting your domain costs just £5 per user/inbox per month, you get...
- Guaranteed incoming mail delivery - Backup e-mail routes guarantee al incoming mail will be delivered to your mailbox,
- Secure web-access to your e-mails - HTTPS access to your mail inbox for using your e-mail, no need for another application set-up.
- Secure IMAP and SMTP services - Note that POP3 is not supported as this involves copying the message from the secure server.
- Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus measures - SpamAssassin, a Bayesian anti-spam filter and ClamAV virus scanner to keep your computer safe.
- 5 inboxes or users - Should be enough for most small businesses. More inboxes are available on request.
- Unlimited forwarding - Send a copy of your incoming e-mail messages to another e-mail account.